Saturday, December 20, 2008

Not Leaving the House Today...

I started my newest project yesterday... I'm not really sure what I'm doing, so I'm just going to go for it, and work with it as I go...
Picture it... these beautiful things here... so soft and amazing with all that beautiful yarn... ALLLLL the way up! From finger tips to shoulders! Ahhhhhh how heavenly...
This is the underside of the arm warmers. I am using the Double Vine stitch pattern from the book 'A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns' by Barbra G. Walker.


This will be the top of the arm warmer... The Embossed Twining Vine Leaf pattern from the same book.



Ahh... contented sigh... Noro is my favorite. And this blend of wool and silk is just too beautiful.
I can't wait to wear these!



I started spinning some fibers I've had for a very long time...
This is some very beautifully died wool I bought at a craft fair in Anchorage. I don't know how to use my spinning wheel very well, and it's out of service anyway at the moment, but I am having a fun time trying to master the drop spindle. I had it dialed this summer. I am just fascinated by how different every fiber is to spin, even from one sheep to the sheep standing next to it...



I also started to spin some of this ugly stuff. It is in a pretty raw form and has been washed, but not much else. I have been carding it and sorting it and all of that stuff...
I started spinning it and realized what I huge mistake I was making. My mom had it in storage for years, and I've probably had it for another two years... It is so old the lanolin has all dried out and now feels very sticky when I work with it. The yarn it's spinning is ok, but being somewhat novice, it's alot more difficult for me to work with, and it will definitely need to be washed well when finished. I'm thinking I will just save it and make something felted.
As with all the fibers I have, spun yarn and otherwise, I will just have to wait until it reveals it's purpose to me... When the time is right, this sticky ugly old ball of fluff will tell me what it wants to be. Maybe in a dream vision or a gust of wind or something... ha.



AND... Cutest Dog of the Day Award goes to... SUKA!!!! Sixth time this week...





This is a good one... These people have these large spools for tables. This one was probably about a foot off the ground. Some people stashed their bags and jackets there. Suka was walking bye and I guess he decided he would just rest there for a while. So he just layed down right there on top of it all, stuck out his back leg for balance and stuck hif front feet straight out in front. What a dork.


No comments:

Post a Comment