Sunday, April 5, 2009

Whiskey Gulch Adventure




Today we went exploring. We were looking for a certain group of giant rocks in Whiskey Gulch near Whitehall, Montana. We trekked and trekked and found many a large rock, but alas. We were unable to find the ones we were looking for.
Here are some of my favorite moments from the trip:
1) Suka ran in front of the car for almost a mile on the drive in.
2) We all shared a subway sandwhich which was delicious.
3) I was able to identify 6 different kinds of poop.
4) I slept the entire way home in the car.












I started making this baby booty last night. I am very excited about it. It is an incredibly strange pattern for me, but it works. I assumed it would be knit top down like a normal sock, but it's not that simple. It is knit top down circular to the bottom of the rib, then you hold all the stitches aside and just work the front panel back and forth. When it is the proper length you pick up stitches along the edge of it and work the whole thing circular again for a ways. Then this is the part I think is strange. You are supposed to again only work the front panel by binding off all the other stitches. I didnt' do that. When your panel gets long enough, you bind it off, fold it under the toe, and sew it to your bound off stitches and it forms the sole of the sock.
Kinda weird.
I have changed the pattern quite a bit. Instead of doing the very basic 8 stitch cable down the front, I picked a fun cable with Irish knots from my stitch pattern book. I can't remember the name of the cable right now.
Instead of working the entire heel and sole in garter stitch, I worked the heel in stockinette and am continuing my cable all the way down to fold under for the sole.
And... I guess that's it for now. I don't think I will use this pattern again. It definitely wasn't written in an American style, and I just don't like cutesy baby things.



To see the rest of the pictures from our Whiskey Gulch adventure, click on the title of this thing to link to my facebook picture page!

No comments:

Post a Comment