Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

What a beautiful day to celebrate with friends and family.  The sun was bright and the air was crisp and fresh.  A perfect morning for a run.  So run we did!  As part of the third annual Huffing for Stuffing fun run, a fundraiser for the Gallatin Valley Food Bank, and the largest running event in Montana!



Over 2,000 people participated this year, including a turkey, a naked indian, and a wide array of costumed runners and kids in strollers.  I beat my personal best in the 5K (a little bit longer than a standard 5K at 3.5 miles) with a time of 35 minutes 58 seconds and placed 436 out of 858 women.  My sister, cousin and cousin's husband ran the 5K, as well as many of our friends, and my mom ran the 10K with my brother. Harvey, Suka, and Shaun waited for us at the finish with another brother and there was definitely no shortage of people or dogs on the cheering squad!


I have to say it was an awesome way to start the holidays and I am already looking forward to the St. Patty's day fun run, the Run to the Pub!  


So happy Thanksgiving to all and get out an enjoy this beautiful holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment