Saturday, November 14, 2009

Finally Winter!

Well, as much as we hustled to get finished, our beloved breakfast nook seems to be at a standstill.  It's not that we aren't still interested... It's just that in the past week a few significant things have happened that have impeded our progress.  
First, I got a job.  So I have been working.  (Hooray for me!)  And at one of my favorite places (historically) I might add... The Gallatin Gateway Inn.  Absolutely gorgeous, now and in my memories of childhood, however tragically stuck in a streak of poor business for quite a few years now.
Second, Shaun has been sick, recovering from 'The Swine' as I like to joke.  Not sure what it was, really... But I think it was the 'Swine Flu'.  What a joke.  (Unless you're in your third trimester of pregnancy, apparently.  Sorry.)  So, swine is over and a bad cough remains... Bronchitis?   Shucks.
Third, my dad built a shed, so all of our working tools traveled to town in the back of a pick-up truck for the big installation, which seemed to take half a week.  Shed installed, tools home again, and BAM!...
Our fourth major impediment, a snow day.  And a serious one at that...


All that is from one good night's dump.
And just a couple days ago, dad was on the tractor turning the compost.  Crazy weather.





But that's Montana for you.  A post I wrote earlier this year, in April, is another perfect example of big Montana dumps.  Click here to see that one.


More pics of the snow...  "We must document this historic day!"









Now it's time to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment