Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Zoo

I feel pretty lame right now. Shaun and I have been so overwhelmed by the size of this city and all of the people rushing about. Sunday, I literally left the house for only 5 minutes all day. Around midnight, we took the dogs for their walk, while there was nobody around. We live in one of the largest cities in the world. It is crazy. Why would anyone want to live here all the time?
The only things I have been able to take pictures of ar the zoo animals. Which were pretty sad. And a couple landmarks, but not any cool ones really. I´m kind of afraid to take pictures. I feel like I will get trampled if I try to stop anywhere. The only time it is safe to walk slowly or look around is at night when there are no people on the sidewalks threatening to shove you out into oncoming traffic.
So no good pictures. But we finally made some friends. Fortunately they didn´t speak a lick of english, so by the end of the night we were speaking spanish fairly well. And this week in packed with language exchange dates with people we have contacted through CouchSurfing. A really great website. We have completed the first step of paper work in order to buy a car. The police finally came to our house this morning and signed the paper we needed to prove we live here. The next step is to find the AFIP office in our barrio and get some more paperwork. They we can buy the car we want. And then get the hell out of here. I´m going to hug the first tree I see.


Stay posted for the link to my zoo animal pictures. They´re really not that exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment